Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bare Necessities of Life

Donny's friends call him all sorts of things, like the Hulk (thus the Donny Smash Cancer bracelets), a pop machine, and the beast.  But I always joke about Donny being my big bear.  He's always been so loyal and protective of his family and friends and let's face it, he's so tall and has a HUGE back.  But best of all he gives the best bear hugs. Recently, Donny's eczema started reappearing and unfortunately, it reappeared on the middle of his back where the poor guy cannot reach.  Every time I come home from work I give him a back scratch and there have been several times that I've walked into the living room to find Donny using the edge of our heater to scratch his back.  I can't help it, but the first time I saw Donny using the corner of the heater to scratch his back, I immediately thought of Baloo.  Who is Baloo you ask?  He's a character in The Jungle Book, Baloo the bear.  So just for fun, to put a smile on your face, I thought I'd post this video of Baloo scratching his back, because this really is what Donny looks like when his back itches!


Here's the full Bare Necessities song from the Jungle Book.  This whole clip pretty much reminds me of Donny.  Ok, well, maybe not the part where he's eating healthy food.  But the philosophy of life, live simply and enjoy yourself, reminds me of Donny.


Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment