Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chemo Treatment #1 Quick Update

Donny's first chemo session was a success.  And it was not at all what I thought it would be like.  I'm not quite sure what I thought it would be like.  Maybe like a dingy room with an IV hook up that Donny would be sitting in.  Maybe I thought it would, once again, be some really different medical thing.  But again, the mysterious medical 'chemo' that I had in my mind ended up being 2 syringes of clear liquid drugs, 2 IV bags, one of water and one of a different drug, and 2 infusions (a syringe without the needle that hooks up to Donny's IV) of a kool-aid like red liquid which was a different drug.  I'll get into more of the drugs tomorrow.  They all have lovely different side effects!

For now, I just wanted to give a quick update because we're exhausted and need to relax.  Donny is doing well.  He said he feels good, but a little funny.  He's not quite sure what funny feels like, kind of nauseous, but not really.  I guess that's what happens when you have 6 different drugs and mustard gas flowing through your veins.  Oh yes, I said mustard gas.  Did you know that Chemotherapy originated from mustard gas?  More to come tomorrow...

Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers today.  Your love and support continues to push us forward :)

No comments:

Post a Comment